Nice weekend to you all!
My contribution is the sweet scented Lily of the valley, another symbol of May.
The sight and fragrance of these small bell-shaped flowers have delighted poets and gardeners for centuries.
Many superstitions surround this ancient plant, one of which is that the nightingale is unable to sing until lilies bloom and fill the air with their lovely fragrance.
Although the delicate blossoms suggest purity, the berries and foliage, as well as the blossoms, are poisonous.
First time visitors, please read the rules:
1) Post a photograph taken by you that contains a flower macro;
2) Add your name and link to linky list and make sure your link is a "permalink" and goes directly to your Macro Flowers Saturday post.
3) Link back to Macro Flowers Saturday in your post, so others will know where to go if they want to join. You may use one of the Macro Flowers Saturday badges from my sidebar;
- to install the badge, just copy the text from the box in my sidebar and paste it in your sidebar or in you Macro Flowers Saturday post.
- for a simple text link, copy the code from bellow and paste it in your post.
4) Please visit and show your appreciation by commenting on other Macro Flowers Saturday participants' beautiful work.
This meme starts Friday 5 pm GMT. The list with past entries is at Macro Flowers Saturday archive page.
Have a pleasant stay!