I wish all of you a beautiful weekend and hope you have many beautiful flowers today, as always.
I bought some new flowers a few days ago.
This is one of them - Mimulus Tigrinus or on its common name Tiger Monkey flower.
I love its large bright yellow flowers spotted with red & mahogany.
Mimulus are called monkey-flowers because some species have flowers shaped like a monkeys face, others have painted faces resembling a monkey. The name mimulus comes from Latin mimus, meaning "mimic actor"or from the Greek mimos meaning "imitator".
This flower really knows how to please you; it had two open blossoms when I bought it and in the morning I had the pleasure to see a new, third bloom.
I have to replant it in a bigger pot and I am afraid to disturb it.
All I could find out about Mimulus is that it can also be grown indoors as a house plant and it grows best in a mostly shady area with rich soil kept fairly moist.
If any of you knows more, please let me know. I should like to keep it alive as much as possible.
First time visitors, please read the rules:
1) Post a photograph taken by you that contains a flower macro;
2) Add your name and link to linky list and make sure your link is a "permalink" and goes directly to your Macro Flowers Saturday post.
3) Link back to Macro Flowers Saturday in your post, so others will know where to go if they want to join. You may use one of the Macro Flowers Saturday badges from my sidebar;
- to install the badge, just copy the text from the box in my sidebar and paste it in your sidebar or in you Macro Flowers Saturday post.
- for a simple text link, copy the code from bellow and paste it in your post. Please don't link to the Macro flowers Saturday search label, here is the right link:
<a href="http://macroflower-saturday.blogspot.com/">Macro Flowers Saturday</a>
4) Please visit and show your appreciation by commenting on other Macro Flowers Saturday participants' beautiful work.
This meme starts Friday 5 pm GMT.
Have a pleasant stay!