It grows 60-100 cm (2-3 feet) high and produces large, pink-purple or white flowers, resembling hibiscus or hollyhock flowers.
The pink flower petals are crossed by darker purple veins.
Rose mallow is an abundant bloomer, having a long blooming period, from June all the way until September.
- Though it is an annual, the rose mallow will reseed itself if left to do it.
- Saw the seed in early spring at the place where the plant will grow, it doesn't like replanting.
- Rose mallow is a very adaptable plant, there for very easy to grow. It does best in sandy or loamy soil but tolerates clay as well.
- No need for fertilizer and it is not picky about the PH level of the soil either.
- It prefers full sun to light shade and average moisture level.